Injury and Violence Prevention
- Injury and Violence Prevention Home
- Data Projects
- MIDAS: Minnesota Interactive Data Access System
Minnesota Poison Control System Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Minnesota Department of Health, herein after MDH, is soliciting proposals for the operation of a poison control system in Minnesota which will serve the needs of the citizens of the state for prompt identification and appropriate home management or referral of cases of human poisoning. Under Minnesota statute, there is to be a single integrated poison control system, consisting of one or more poison control centers, organized to provide statewide information and education services to the general public and to health professionals.
This grant opportunity will provide services to Minnesota health professionals and the public by promptly identifying outbreaks and poisonous substances or contaminants, providing immediate medical treatment recommendations to health care providers in hospital, emergency department and clinic settings as appropriate, and supporting proper and appropriate home management of cases of human poisoning when safe to do so. In its capacity, the Grantee will function as a part of the State’s public health system.
See the complete Minnesota Poison Control System Request for Proposals (PDF) for details and instructions.
- Letter of Intent: Organizations intending to submit a proposal should email a Letter of Intent by 11:59 p.m. (CDT), September 20, 2023. Letters of Intent are not required, but they are appreciated. Please email the Letter of Intent to the Injury and Violence Prevention Section at Catherine.email@example.com
- Application Deadline: October 11, 2023. The complete application must be submitted electronically to Catherine Diamond at Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. (CDT), Wednesday, October 11, 2023. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. All application documents must be sent in one email to the address indicated above. No mailed or hand-delivered applications will be accepted.
Funding and project dates
MDH is seeking proposals for the grant period January 1, 2024 – December 31, 2028 (a five-year grant period). The actual start date of this grant will be determined once the successful applicant is selected. The MDH anticipates available funds in the amount of approximately $2,379,000 each year of the grant period. MDH will select the best organization based on their ability and capacity to provide a Poison Control System to Minnesota health professionals and the public.
Funding will be allocated through a competitive process. If selected, you may only incur eligible expenditures when the grant agreement is fully executed, and the grant has reached its effective date.
There is no matching requirement for this grant.
- September 13, 2023 – October 11, 2023 - Request for Proposal Application Period
- September 2, 2023 – Letter of Intent due to MDH
- October 4, 2023 – Deadline for applicant question submission
- October 12, 2023 - November 18, 2023 – Anticipated Review and Selection Period
- January 1, 2024 – New Grant Application in place
- December 31, 2028 – Project and Grant Agreement end date
Eligible applicants include for-profit and non-profit entities and units of government. Applicants will be selected based on their ability to fulfill the criteria specified in M.S. §145.93 Subd. 4. Sec. 145.93 MN Statutes
Questions and answers
All questions regarding this RFP must be submitted by email or phone to Catherine.email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, include the phrase, “Poison Control System RFP Question.” All answers will be posted within five business days.
Questions and answers will be posted to Minnesota Poison Control System RFP Questions and Answers
Please submit questions no later than 4:30 p.m. Central Daylight Time (CDT), on Wednesday, October 4, 2023.
To ensure the proper and fair evaluation of all applications, other communications regarding this RFP including verbal, telephone, written or internet initiated by or on behalf of any applicant to any employee of the Department, other than questions submitted to as outlined above, are prohibited. Any violation of this prohibition may result in the disqualification of the applicant.
Application deadline and submission
The complete application must be submitted electronically to Catherine Diamond at Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. (CDT), Wednesday, October 11, 2023. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. All application documents must be sent in one email to the address indicated above. No mailed or hand-delivered applications will be accepted. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to allow sufficient time to address all potential delays caused by any reason whatsoever. MDH will not be responsible for delays caused by email delivery, computer, or technology problems.
- Minnesota Poison Control System Grant Request for Proposals (PDF)
- Attachment A: Application Organization Information (Word)
- Attachment B: Application Narrative (Word)
- Attachment C: Work Plan (Word)
- Attachment D: Budget (Word)
- Attachment E: Due Diligence (PDF)
- Attachment F: Applicant Conflict of Interest Disclosure (PDF)
- Attachment G: Applicant Scoring Criteria (PDF)
- Attachment H: Sample Grant Agreement (PDF)