Lights, Camera, Action for Antibiotics Video Contest
The Minnesota Department of Health invites Minnesota high schools, middle schools, and youth programs to help increase antibiotic awareness through the Lights, Camera, Action for Antibiotics Video Contest. Students will produce a 30-second video to spread the word about antibiotic resistance and good antibiotic use in human health care.
Vote for Your Favorites!
After watching all five finalist videos below, please vote for the video you think best achieved the goal of educating the public about antibiotic resistance and appropriate antibiotic use.
Online voting accounts for a portion of the total score. You can vote as many times as you want. Voting ends on March 25, 2019.
Students were required to select one of the following themes for their video:
- What is Antibiotic Resistance?
- Preventing Infections: One Way to Fight Antibiotic Resistance
- Animals Get Sick, Too: Antibiotic Use in Animals
- Protecting Our Environment: Disposal of Antibiotics
Finalist videos are shown in alphabetical order.
A. Antibiotic Disposal: How YOU Can Protect Our Lakes
B. Don't Overuse Antibiotics!
C. Keeping Antibiotics Effective PSA
D. The Proper Disposal of Antibiotics
E. Ways to Prevent Infections PSA
Dates to note
All dates are subject to change.
- Nov. 12-18, 2018: U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week
- Feb. 1, 2019: Deadline for video submission
- Feb. 14-28, 2019: Judging
- Mar. 7, 2019: MDH will notify contest finalists
- Mar. 12-25, 2019: Online public voting
- Mar. 28, 2019: MDH will notify contest winners
- Apr. 3, 2019: Lights, Camera, Action for Antibiotics Video Contest Honors Ceremony
For questions, email email@example.com.