Lights, Camera, Action for Antibiotics Video Contest
The Minnesota Department of Health invites Minnesota high schools, middle schools, and youth programs to help increase antibiotic awareness through the Lights, Camera, Action for Antibiotics Video Contest. Students will produce a 30-second video to spread the word about antibiotic resistance and good antibiotic use in human health care.
2018-2019 Winners and Finalists
Students were required to select one of the following themes for their video:
- What is Antibiotic Resistance?
- Preventing Infections: One Way to Fight Antibiotic Resistance
- Animals Get Sick, Too: Antibiotic Use in Animals
- Protecting Our Environment: Disposal of Antibiotics
First Place: The Proper Disposal of Antibiotics
Second Place: Antibiotic Disposal: How YOU Can Protect Our Lakes
Third Place: Don't Overuse Antibiotics!
Finalist: Keeping Antibiotics Effective PSA
Finalist: Ways to Prevent Infections PSA
Dates to note
All dates are subject to change.
- Nov. 12-18, 2018: U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week
- Feb. 1, 2019: Deadline for video submission
- Feb. 14-28, 2019: Judging
- Mar. 7, 2019: MDH will notify contest finalists
- Mar. 12-25, 2019: Online public voting
- Mar. 28, 2019: MDH will notify contest winners
- Apr. 3, 2019: Lights, Camera, Action for Antibiotics Video Contest Honors Ceremony
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.