MDH Community Engagement plan
MDH developed its department-wide community engagement plan in order to help listen authentically to and partner with communities.
This is a recommendation from the MDH strategic plan directive to "listen authentically to and partner with communities."
MDH and community partners created this community engagement plan to implement authentic community engagement strategies in our everyday work, and ensure that we partner with the communities most impacted by health inequities.
Community partners played an important role in identifying the plan's vision statement, strategies, and action steps for implementation. Annual work plans include specific activities used to implement the plan and move work forward to advance health equity.
Community engagement plan updates
2016-2017 selected accomplishments
- Baseline survey of MDH stakeholder group members; reviewed results with the agency
- Capacity-building for MDH programs and staff, including project support, training, a community of practice, and coaching
- Development and implementation of community engagement knowledge, skills, and abilities self-assessment
- Through the Statewide Health Improvement Partnership, support of local public health to engage communities most impacted by health inequities
- With the Governor's diversity and inclusion initiative, clarification of options to support community participation
MDH has developed an annual work plan that includes specific activities to advance all the community engagement plan strategies.
Please send questions about the plan and MDH's activities to the MDH Center for Public Health Practice: email@example.com.