With health and justice for all
American Public Health Association
With health and justice for all (3:20, video autoplays) visually depicts the school-to-prison pipeline.
This is a three-minute video from APHA Executive Director Georges Benjamin, MD. This video visually depicts how national policies have resulted in a school-to-prison pipeline and the connection to the health of individuals, families, and the community. It also includes Dr. Benjamin and a number of youth describing what California is doing to address this issue.
When to use
Use this video to spark a dialogue about how policies enacted in other sectors can contribute to health inequities. Here are some questions you may want to consider or discuss as a group:
- What scenes do you remember the most?
- What do you think of first when I say the phrase "School to Prison Pipeline"?
- Where is more work needed?
- What does the video recommend?
- What does this mean for our work in health equity?
Use this resource