Safe Harbor supportive services grantees provide victim-centered services specifically designed to heal the trauma experienced by Minnesota’s sexually exploited youth. These organizations offer services in a variety of ways, depending on culture, gender and the needs of the region, ensuring that services are easily accessed by youth.
View the Safe Harbor Services Map (PDF).
- (PAVSA) Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault – Duluth, MN*: In partnership with Life House and Lutheran Social Services, PAVSA provides Advocacy, Civil Legal Services, Education and Employment support, Health Care, Mental Health and Chemical Dependency, and Aftercare and Relapse support. 218-726-1931
- Life House – Duluth, MN: Life House Safe Harbor Program provides a continuum of care for underage male, female, and gender nonconforming victims of sex trafficking and other forms of commercial sexual exploitation. We help connect survivors to services both within Life House and out in the community in order to help them heal from their traumas. 218-722-7431
- North Homes Children and Family Services – Duluth, MN: North Homes Children and Family Services provides specifically trained mental health practitioners for sexually exploited youth. 218-733-3000
- North Homes Children and Family Services – Grand Rapids, MN and Bemidji, MN: North Homes Children and Family Services provides specifically trained mental health practitioners for sexually exploited youth. 1-888-430-3055
- Evergreen Youth & Family Services – Bemidji, MN: Evergreen offers drop-in center services that provide a gateway to other Evergreen services for sexually exploited youth, including advocacy, trauma-informed mental health services, education, employment, and strong partnerships within the region. Evergreen drop-in center services are available to youth ages 10 through 24 years old. 218-751-8223
- Hmong American Partnership – St. Paul, MN: Hmong American Partnership provides culturally specific case-management and programming to Southeast Asian sexually exploited youth. 651-495-9160
- Midwest Children’s Resource Center – St. Paul, MN: Midwest Children’s Resource Center provides comprehensive healthcare, mental health and chemical dependency support to sexually exploited youth. 651-220-6750
- Cornerstone – Bloomington, MN: Cornerstone provides Advocacy and Prevention/Support services for sexually exploited youth or youth at risk for sexual exploitation as well as support a school-based prevention curriculum. 952-884-0330
- The Family Partnership – Minneapolis, MN: The Family Partnership will enhance their TeenPRIDE Survivor-Mentor Case Management and After Care Services for sexually exploited youth, including services specifically for boys 17 and under and West African girls. 612-728-2062 or 1-888-774-3399
- Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center – Minneapolis, MN: Minnesota Indian Women’s Resource Center will expand their Oskiniigikwe program to provide culturally appropriate prevention and support services for American Indian girls who have survived or are highly vulnerable to commercial sexual exploitation. 612-728-2020
- The Link – Prior Lake, MN*: The Link provides Mental Health Services and Aftercare and Relapse Support. 952-288-2688
- YMCA – Minneapolis, MN: The YMCA will be providing screening and trafficking prevention services for young people age 24 and under through one on one support, connecting youth to a life coach, and by offering additional community resources. 612-465-0450
- Central MN Sexual Assault Center – St. Cloud, MN: CMSAC provides confidential, victim-centered, non-judgmental, culturally sensitive, and trauma-informed care. We provide individual support counseling and psychoeducation, group support, referrals, safety planning, assistance with harassment and protection orders, supportive services, and assistance with personal care items and basic needs. 320-251-4357
West Central MN
- Rape and Abuse Crisis Center – Fargo-Moorhead, MN: The Rape and Abuse Crisis Center of Fargo-Moorhead (RACC) is committed to providing comprehensive services to victims of domestic/dating violence, sexual assault, elder abuse, trafficking/sexual exploitation and child sexual abuse and to transforming our community’s response to violence and abuse while ensuring healing for those that have been victimized and personal safety for all. 701-293-7273
- Willmar Lutheran Social Services of Minnesota: Willmar LSS provides mobile case management services to connect sexually exploited youth to resources and support. 320-231-7075
- Someplace Safe – Fergus Falls, MN: Someplace Safe provides regional advocacy to sexually exploited youth and connect youth with additional resources and support. 1-800-974-3359 or 218-770-4256
- Dodge, Fillmore, and Olmsted County Victim Services – Rochester, MN*: Dodge, Fillmore, and Olmsted County Victim Services provides advocacy and support to victims of crime, group prevention curriculums, technical assistance for professionals, and outreach and education to connect sexually exploited youth and trafficking victims with comprehensive services. 507 328-7270
- Southwest Crisis Center – Worthington, MN: To provide youth with the trauma-informed, multidisciplinary and holistic services they deserve. We will accomplish this developing and providing specialized groups and programming for at-risk and exploited youth; providing intensive case management and advocacy services; and by partnering with service providers to provide wrap around services for youth. 507-376-4311
- Lutheran Social Services – Mankato, MN: LSS Mankato youth programs will provide intensive case management, basic living needs, outreach and other designated supportive services for youth at risk of exploitation. Trained advocates provided 24/7 emergency response to youth throughout the region. 507-381-6670
- Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid: Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid provides free civil legal services to sexually exploited youth as well as training to Regional Navigators on identifying legal issues. 612-746-3623
- Lutheran Social Service StreetWorks provides Metro area specialized outreach, and Metro area and statewide training to youth outreach workers.
*Regional Navigator Agency
If you or someone you know is being sexual exploited or trafficked, please contact your Regional Navigator or contact the Day One Hotline to learn more about services available in your community at 1-866-223-1111.
For more information on Safe Harbor, contact Caroline Palmer, Safe Harbor Director, at Caroline.Palmer@state.mn.us or 651-201-5492.