- Youth Outreach Materials
- Protocol Development and Training
- Articles and Reports
- Legislative Timeline
- MN Hotel Training Package
- Identification Tool and Guide
- Health Care Training
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Injury and Violence Prevention Home
- Occupational Health
- Sexual Violence Prevention
- Suicide Prevention
- Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
Safe Harbor/No Wrong Door Regional Navigator and Supportive Grants Request for Proposals
The No Wrong Door model underlying the Safe Harbor system operates on the assumption that no single system or profession is adequate to identify and address the needs of at-risk and exploited youth.
MDH is soliciting proposals for Regional Navigator and supportive services to prevent and address sex trafficking of youth in Minnesota.
Download the complete Safe Harbor/No Wrong Door Regional Navigator and Supportive Service Grant Request for Proposal (RFP) (PDF).
- Announcement Title: Safe Harbor/No Wrong Door Regional Navigator and
Supportive Service Grants Request for Proposal (RFP).
- Letter of Intent: Organizations intending to submit a proposal should email a Letter of Intent by 11:59 p.m. (CST), Thursday February 23, 2023. Letters of Intent are not required, but they are appreciated. Letters of Intent (LOI) are used by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to assist staff in planning for adequate agency resources to complete the proposal review process. Please email the Letter of Intent to Tasha Scott at Tasha.Scott@state.mn.us.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Safe Harbor Program Website: MDH Safe Harbor
Application Deadline: Tuesday April 4, 2023
- The complete application(s), sent by email, must be submitted to Tasha.firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
- The complete application(s), if sent by mail or hand delivered, must be delivered to the appropriate address listed below by 4:30 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 4, 2023 (Please see Section 3.2)
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Therefore, it is important that all applicants ensure that all sections of their application are complete to avoid the possibility of failing an evaluation phase or having their score reduced for lack of information. Please see Part 3 of the RFP for detailed requirements.
Funding and project dates
Applicants may apply for a 36-month period from July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2026.
Regional Navigator Funding
- Approximately $925,000 estimated to be granted each year
- Up to 9 estimated grant awards
- Up to $110,000 award maximum per year
Supportive Service Funding
- Approximately $1,921,667 estimated to be granted each year
- Up to 25 estimated grant awards
- Up to $180,000 award maximum per year
Organizations eligible to apply in this competitive process include, but are not limited to, local public health, social service agencies, nonprofit organizations, Tribal governments, units of government, schools and/or school districts, health care organizations, and other interested agencies demonstrating experience and/or expertise in working with sexually exploited youth and/or youth at-risk for sexual exploitation.
Although collaborations are not required, they are highly recommended. Preference will be given to organizations that formally collaborate with Regional Navigators and other Safe Harbor partners.
Questions and Answers
All questions regarding this RFP must be submitted by email Tasha.Scott@state.mn.us. In the subject line of the email, include the phrase: “Safe Harbor Grant RFP Question.” Applicants may also submit questions by phone during the informational call described below. Answers will be posted within two business days at Safe Harbor Request for Proposals Questions and Answers.
Please submit questions no later than 4:30 p.m. Central Time, on March 30, 2023.
To ensure the proper and fair evaluation of all applications, other communications regarding this RFP including verbal, telephone, written or internet initiated by or on behalf of any applicant to any employee of MDH, other than questions submitted as outlined above, are prohibited. Any violation of this prohibition may result in the disqualification of the applicant.
RFP INFORMATIONAL CALL
All applicants who are interested in further information and/or have questions regarding the current Safe Harbor/No Wrong Door RFP are welcome to join the informational webinar. Attendance is encouraged, but not required. Questions and answers from the call will be available at:
Questions and Answers for Safe Harbor Regional Navigators and Supportive Services
Date: February 22, 2023
Time: 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (CST)
Meeting number: 2495 659 8196
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0003 United States Toll
1-855-282-6330 United States Toll Free
Access code: 249 565 98196
Application Deadline and Submission
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, April 4, 2023.
Download the complete instructions and application materials: