Asthma Friendly Schools Mini-Grant Program
E: Linking Schools and Health Care Providers
Enhance communication and collaboration between schools, clinics, hospitals and public health. Choose one or more of the following projects.
- Develop and implement a process to connect the school health office and health care providers to create communication pathways, to obtain medication administration documentation, asthma action plans and other documentation to support students who have asthma.
- Using the School Health Practices Worksheet, review the school and/or district policies to assess current practices for asthma management and identify any gaps or opportunities for improvement. Draft or revise policies or practices to address gaps and present for adoption as appropriate.
- A variety of data collection forms, letter templates, and authorization forms that can be customized for use in your school or district are available at Asthma Friendly School Resources: – Tools and Forms.
- Use this checklist How Asthma-Friendly Is Your School? from National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute to find out how well your school serves students who have asthma.
- More information about school health policies is available at Asthma Friendly School Resources