Information for Organizations Requesting Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card
(also known as BinaxNOW professional rapid antigen tests)
The Abbott BinaxNOW professional rapid antigen test, which received emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration (BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Letter of Authorization [PDF]) delivers COVID-19 results in 15 minutes or less.
As noted in the emergency use authorization, the BinaxNOW professional test must meet all three of the following requirements:
- Ordered by a health care provider;
- Administered in a facility with a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certificate or CLIA certificate of waiver; and
- Performed by a trained staff member.
Resources from Abbott:
For questions about the BinaxNOW professional test, contact the Abbott Technical Services Team:
- Phone: 1-800-257-9525
Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To request a biweekly supply of the tests:
- Review BinaxNOW Professional Testing Information (PDF) use and requirements for entities receiving the test.
- Submit an online form to request tests: Abbott BinaxNOW Test Request Form.
Demand for the BinaxNOW professional test may exceed supply. If that happens, MDH will prioritize entities serving priority populations and geographic areas with high test positivity rates, where testing access is limited and/or where the population is disproportionately at risk.
Questions? Email: email@example.com.