Information for Organizations Requesting Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card
(Also known as BinaxNOW professional rapid antigen tests)
The Abbott BinaxNOW professional rapid antigen test, which received emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration (BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Letter of Authorization [PDF]) delivers COVID-19 results in 15 minutes.
As noted in the emergency use authorization, the BinaxNOW professional test must meet all three of the following requirements:
- Ordered by a health care provider;
- Administered in a facility with a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certificate or CLIA certificate of waiver; and
- Performed by a trained staff member.
Resources from Abbott:
For questions about the BinaxNOW professional test, contact the Abbott Technical Services Team:
- Phone: 800-257-9525
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To request a biweekly supply of the tests:
- Review BinaxNOW Professional Testing Information (PDF) use and requirements for entities receiving the test.
- Submit an online form to request tests: Abbott BinaxNOW Test Request Form.
MDH has a limited supply of BinaxNOW professional tests. Each test order is contingent on the demand for tests and the availability of test supplies.
Questions? Email: email@example.com.