What MDH is Doing: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Health officials around the world are monitoring the situation carefully and working hard to learn more about the virus. We are in contact with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as other local and national partners to share information.
- Minnesota has a strong disease surveillance system in place that includes partnerships with our hospital and clinic systems as well as local health departments. Finding cases quickly and responding to them effectively is key. That rapid response helps ensure that the ill person receives the care they need and it lessens the chance of other people getting sick.
- We have sent information to health care providers around the state with current recommendations for screening and testing for COVID-19. We have also asked them to alert us if a person with recent travel to China becomes sick with respiratory symptoms. We will update providers with new information and recommendations as it becomes available.
- Systems and processes are in place to monitor travelers for symptoms of COVID-19.
- We have plans prepared for responding to a case(s) of COVID-19 in Minnesota.
- We are reaching out to community organizations that serve Chinese Minnesotans to provide information and answer questions.
- This website is being updated with the latest information when it is available.
- We know information is changing quickly and that misinformation is circulating. Our website and CDC's Coronavirus Disease 2019 website are the best places to get the most accurate information.
- This is an evolving situation, so information and recommendations may change. We will continue to learn more in the coming days and share new information as it is available.