Supplies for Schools: COVID-19
For all students and all staff
For all students and all staff (e.g., teachers, custodial staff, administrative, para-professionals, bus drivers, specialists, food service, and visitors):
- Face coverings or face shields, including an extra supply available for staff and students who forget to bring their own.
- Liquid soap.
- Running water.
- Paper towels.
- If soap, water, and paper towels are not readily available, provide alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) for use if hands are not visibly dirty. Only ABHRs with 60% alcohol or more are recommended in relationship to COVID-19.
For health services staff/office
- Non-latex disposable gloves.
- Eye protection (face shield or goggles).
- Surgical masks for health service staff when providing care to ill students, aerosolization treatment like a nebulization or use of a peak flow meter..
- Face coverings and/or surgical masks (to be provided to ill students with fever and cough).
- Thermometers (forehead/strip or digital thermometers with a disposable sleeve).
- Disinfecting wipes.
- N95 Respirators are not necessary in the school health office at this time (7/22/20).
- CDC: K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs: FAQs for Administrators, Teachers, and Parents
For custodial staff
- Non-latex disposable gloves or work gloves.
- Paper towels.
- List N: Disinfectants for Use Against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) information.
- American Chemistry Council: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)—Fighting Products (PDF)
The American Chemistry Council's (ACC) Center for Biocide Chemistries (CBC) compiled list of products for use during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Educational materials and resources
- Hand Hygiene
Video, posters, teaching materials, and more related to hand-washing.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Print Resources
CDC handouts and posters.
- Stay Home If You're Sick (PDF)
- Infectious Diseases in Childcare Settings and Schools Manual
Hennepin County infectious disease manual.