COVID-19 Vaccine Trainings for Health Professionals
Training opportunities and presentations on COVID-19 vaccine.
Required Training for Registered COVID-19 Vaccine Providers
For registered COVID-19 vaccine providers, the vaccine coordinator and back-up coordinator at each site are required to watch this training and read MDH’s Interim COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Guide (PDF). Please have the guide available as you view the training. Even if you completed previous COVID-19 vaccination provider trainings, you will need to complete this training.
The training is recommended for all staff handling and administering vaccine. It will take you approximately 30 minutes to complete the course. You have the option to claim a 0.5 CEU. After completing the training, keep the certificate for your records.
Reminder, this online training and comprehensive review of the provider guide are mandatory for vaccine coordinators and back-up coordinators.
To complete the training, go to the MDH Learning Center to create an account and enroll in the COVID-19 Vaccination Providers Training 2021. You can find the course in the catalog under Infectious Disease.
If you have questions about the training, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supplemental On-Demand Training for Vaccine Providers
This supplemental training is intended as an introduction for new vaccine providers OR as a review for vaccine providers who have not recently provided immunizations. This training is NOT a substitute for competency-based hands-on training. It will take you approximately 35 minutes to complete the course. You have the option to claim a 0.5 hour CEU.
Immunization Basic Principles for COVID-19 Vaccine Training Completion
Confirm your completion of the training and access your certificate of completion (CEU).
- How to Administer IM (Intramuscular Injections) and How to Administer (Subcutaneous) Injections (PDF)
- New to the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC)? Visit Participating in MIIC.
- Questions about your organization’s MIIC account? Email: email@example.com.
- Want to learn more about using MIIC? Check out MIIC User Guidance and Training Resources.
- Vaccine Provider email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CDC: COVID-19 Vaccination
- CDC: One and Only Campaign
- CDC: Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit
- CDC: U.S. COVID-19 Vaccine Product Information
- Immunization Action Coalition: Clinic Tools