Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Minnesota Statutes, section 62J.536 and related rules for the standard, electronic exchange of health care administrative transactions
The following FAQs are provided for information and clarification. They will be revised and updated as needed. Additional information regarding Minnesota Statutes, section 62J.536 and related rules is available at on the Minnesota Department of Health Administrative Simplification Act website.
Last revised: 1/30/2012
- More on the Law and Rules: What the Law does, Why it was passed, Who it applies to, etc.
- Federal HIPAA transactions and operating rules
- Minnesota Administrative Uniformity Committee (AUC)
- Compliance and enforcement by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- Implementation, becoming compliant with the state law and rules
- Transaction-specific questions: Eligibility inquiry and response, claims, payment and remittance advice, and acknowledgments
- Eligibility Inquiry and Response
- Claims Payment/Advice