Body Art Establishment Renewal Information
Minnesota Body Art Licensing Statutes
Renewal applications for body art establishment licenses expiring Sept. 30, 2021 will be mailed out by July 30, 2021.
Please submit your renewal application, along with the renewal fee, on or before Sept. 1, 2021. This gives the department time to review your application before the expiration date.
Renewal applications sent out after Sept. 1, 2021 must include the late fee of $300.
Please call 651-201-4200 or email the body art licensing program at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please note: pursuant to Minnesota Statute, Chapter 146B.10, subd. 2a(c) “The technical violation fee for operating a body art establishment after the license has expired and before it is renewed is $300 for any part of the first month, plus $300 for any part of the subsequent month up to six months. Continued practice or operation after six months becomes a disciplinary violation.”
Establishment Renewal Application Checklist
- Did you complete all the questions on the renewal application?
- Did you make a copy of your renewal application for your own records?
- Did you enclose a check or money order for the renewal fee? (no cash accepted)
- Did you mail the application before Sept. 1, 2021?
- Did you include a late fee if your application is postmarked or mailed after September 1, 2021?