Nursing Assistant Registry
The Nursing Assistant Registry lists nursing assistants who have met Minnesota training and/or testing standards to work in nursing homes and certified boarding care homes. The registry also has information about nursing assistants who have substantiated findings of abuse, neglect, and theft.
This is an online registry. Nursing assistants, employers, and others can check the registry by using MDH's online system and the nursing assistant's certificate number.
The registry does not maintain records of background checks. Questions regarding a background check should be directed to the Department of Human Services, Background Studies and Investigation Section at 651-431-6620.
- How to Check the Registry
Nursing Assistant Resources
- How to Get on the Registry
- How to Stay on the Registry
- How to Change Information on the Registry
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Nursing Home Semiannual Update
- Semiannual Update App for Nursing Homes and Boarding Care Homes
Employer and Training Program Resources
- How to Start a Nurse Aide Training Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP)
- Minnesota Approved Nurse Aide Training Curriculums
- Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (NATCEP) Provisional Application Form (PDF)
- Federal Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program Resource (PDF)
- Findings of Abuse
- Frequently Asked Questions about Nurse Aide Training and Competency Evaluation Program (PDF)
- Curriculum Application Process and Form (PDF)
- Curriculum Revision Process and Form (PDF)
- Conversion to Online Curriculum Form (PDF)
- Nurse Aide Training Equipment (PDF)