Licensing and Certification
- Becoming Licensed/
- Health Care Facility and Provider Database
- Nursing Home Survey Results
- Resident and Provider Information
- Nursing Home Inspections
- Nursing Services Agencies SNSA
- Paid Feeding Assistants in Nursing Homes
Health Regulation - Facilities and Professions
- Facility Certification, Regulation and Licensing
- Facility Manager Resources
- Choosing a Facility
- Find a Provider
- Verify a Facility License or Professional Credential
- File a Complaint
- View Facility and Provider Complaint and Survey Findings
- Resident and Provider Resources
- About Health Regulation Division
Licensure/Registration Index Page
Health Policy Information
Minnesota Department of Revenue
A message from the MinnesotaCare Tax Division
You May Be Required To Pay The MinnesotaCare Tax
As a licensed or registered health care provider, you may be required to pay the MinnesotaCare tax.
The tax is imposed on payments health care providers receive for providing services to patients or consumers. (Minnesota Statutes, Sec. 295.50.) This includes payments you receive from commercial insurers, health maintenance organizations and government agencies, as well as from patients and consumers.
If you receive payments for providing health care services - other than wages or salary from an employer - you are required to register with the Minnesota Department of Revenue for the MinnesotaCare tax.
To register for the tax and to get forms and instructions you need to determine and pay your tax, visit the Minnesota Department of Revenue website at www.taxes.state.mn.us or call the MinnesotaCare Tax Division at 651-282-5533. TTY users, call 711 for Minnesota Relay.