STAC Data Work Group
The State Trauma Advisory Council has formed a work group to address several tasks in the Data Work Plan (PDF). The charge of the work group is to:
- Recommend date to stop collecting data in ICD-9 and begin collecting in ICD-10.
- Evaluate the trauma registry inclusion criteria and make recommendations to add clarity and/or to address the needs of the trauma system.
- Evaluate size of data set and recommend strategies to ease the reporting burden on hospitals.
- Review and update data definitions/data dictionary.
- Recommend strategies to improve reporting compliance and record completeness.
- Identify the standardized reports that are valuable to hospitals.
Minnesota Statutes Section 144.6071 establishes the purpose of the trauma registry: To facilitate the development of clinical and system quality improvement, injury prevention, treatment and rehabilitation programs.
At their June 2016 meeting, the State Trauma Advisory Council adopted changes to the trauma registry inclusion criteria and data set proposed by the work group, which better aligns with the purpose of the trauma registry. The new data set and inclusion criteria both become effective on January 1, 2017.
If you have questions regarding the STAC Data Work Group, contact the trauma system coordinator.