About WIC MN WIC Program
Who is WIC for?
WIC Can Improve Health
Welcome to Minnesota WIC Video on YouTube
WIC is a nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy. WIC can help:
- Pregnant woman learn about nutritious foods for a healthy pregnancy and birth.
- Support breastfeeding and help new moms meet their breastfeeding goals.
- Families provide nutritious foods to their young children so they are healthy, happy and ready to learn.
WIC staff provide:
- Information about nutrition during pregnancy, and about feeding your baby and young children.
- A variety of healthy foods, including fruits & vegetables, milk, eggs, whole grain foods, and more!
- Information and referrals to other health and social services.
We're here for you!
What do WIC participants say about the WIC Program?
"My family is eating so much healthier since we've been on WIC - more fruits and vegetables, healthier cereals and more string cheese."
"WIC not only gives you food, but also nutrition information to make better choices."
"There is such great variety in the WIC foods - I love it!"
"I love getting information on how my child is growing and seeing the growth chart. It is also nice to hear when you are doing something right."
"I like that WIC refers you to other things. They gave me a list of parks and other places where I can bring my kids."