WIC Civil Rights Training
Civil Rights Training for the Minnesota WIC Program is required on an annual basis. New staff should complete Civil Rights Training within 6 months of hire. WIC staff must use the training materials provided by MN WIC. Any local agency-specific training would be in addition to the state-provide training (see MOM Section 1.10 Civil Rights (PDF)).
This module covers basic Civil Rights information and the application of the information.
- By the end of the module, you will be able to:
- Identify protected categories recognized by USDA,
- Recall Minnesota WIC policies regarding Civil Rights and discrimination,
- Define discrimination, and
- Differentiate between ethnicity and race and review USDA’s reporting requirements.
Document training by collecting staff signature and date of training. You may use the log below or another form, that includes signatures and dates of the training.
Submit questions or suggestions using the Questions/Feedback Form
Working with Interpreters
Working with Language Interpreters Training