Student Parent Support Initiative Grant Program
Grant Program Award Recipients
January 1, 2014 - July 31, 2017
The following is a list of the 2014 - 2017 Minnesota Student Parent Support Initiative grantees and their campus locations.
Funds were used to expand current services to expectant and parenting students on campus at state, private, and tribal institutions of higher education.
- Century College - Student Support Center
Location: White Bear Lake
- Fond du Lac Tribal & Community College - Young Student Parent Program
- Leech Lake Tribal College/Leech Lake Tribal College Wellness Center
Location: Cass Lake
- Metropolitan State University - Student Parent Center
Location: St. Paul
- Pine Technical and Community College
Location: Pine City
- Riverland Community College
Locations: Austin, Owatonna and Albert Lea
- St. Catherine University - Access and Success
Locations: Minneapolis and St. Paul
- St. Cloud State University - Minnesota Student Parent Support Initiative
Location: St. Cloud
- Winona State University
The grant program's goals were:
Expectant and parenting teens, women and fathers accomplish their post-secondary education goals at Institutions of Higher Education (IHE).
Expectant and parenting teens, women and fathers maintain positive health and well-being for themselves and their children.
Institutions of higher education capacity for serving expectant and parenting teens, women and fathers will be increased.