Behavioral Health and COVID-19
Mental health and behavioral health resourcs specific to COVID-19. Additional regular Behavioral Health resources may also apply.
- Self-Care and applying Psychological First Aid for COVID-19 Responders (YouTube: 13:56 minutes)
Provides the healthcare responder with just-in-time training on responder stress during COVID-19, and provides stress management strategies that should be implemented now to protect the our healthcare workforce.
- COVID-19 Responder Self-Triage
Daily Responder Self Triage checklist provides a way to look at and assess your stress level over a week period.
- COVID-19 and Healthcare Responder Stress (PDF)
Healthcare responders are at higher than average risk for traumatic stress reactions because their work repeatedly exposes them to highly stressful situations.
- Self-Care Pocket Reference Guide for Emergency Response Deployment (PDF)
A guide for volunteer responders that includes pre- and post- deployment checklists and self-reflection activities. This resource was originally created for the University of Minnesota and the Minnesota Department of Health, and is now produced by Wisconsin Department of Health.
- Find Your Happy Place: Tips To Reduce COVID-19 Stress (PDF)
- Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety
- Managing Stress and the Threat of COVID-19 (PDF)
Understand common stress reactions to increase your ability to cope during a public health emergency such as COVID-19.
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation during an Infectious Disease Outbreak (PDF)
- Psychological First Aid & COVID-19: A Minnesota Community Support Model (PDF)
PowerPoint presentation about using Psychological First Aid for COVID-19.
- Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
NPR education reporter Cory Turner's story about what kids want to know about coronavirus spurred creation of this comic.
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Fact sheet
Provided by the National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource provided by the National Association of School Psychologists
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) COVID-19 Information and Resources
- NHA: Living with Mental Illness during COVID-19 Outbreak– Preparing for your wellness