Information for Parents about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
What can I do if I think my child has ASD?
It is very important to act early in order to help your child reach his or her full potential. Talk with your child's doctor or nurse. If you or your doctor has a concern about your child's development, ask for a referral to see a developmental pediatrician or other specialist, and contact Minnesota's early intervention system to discuss your child's eligibility to receive services.
If you have questions or concerns about your child
- Talk to your child's doctor
- Share your concerns
- Call Help Me Grow at 1-866-693-4769
Minnesota Department of Human Services ASD Videos
"On the Autism Spectrum: Families Find Help and Hope" is a series of five short films that provides information about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and services available to Minnesota families for different communities.
- On the Autism Spectrum: Somali Community (YouTube: 17 minutes and 7 seconds)
- On the Autism Spectrum: Hmong Community (YouTube: 18 minutes and 6 seconds)
- On the Autism Spectrum: Latino Community (YouTube: 16 minutes and 37 seconds)
- On the Autism Spectrum: Native American Community (YouTube: 14 minutes and 20 seconds)
- On the Autism Spectrum: African American Community (YouTube: 15 minutes and 9 seconds)
Minnesota Department of Health Interpreter Roster
The Minnesota Department of Health has embarked on a two phase process to improve access to health interpreter services. Phase I is the establishment of a voluntary statewide roster of spoken language health care interpreters. Phase II will be the development of certification standards for a registry of certified interpreters.
For more information
- The Minnesota Autism Resource Portal
- Children with Special Health Needs Navigator
- The ARC of Minnesota
- Autism Society of Minnesota
- Autism Speaks
- Family Voices of Minnesota
- Find your local public health department
- Minnesota Department of Human Services: Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- PACER Center: Family-to-Family Health Information Center