Information for Parents about Autism Spectrum Disorder - Minnesota Department of Health

Information for Parents about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)

What can I do if I think my child has ASD?

It is very important to act early in order to help your child reach his or her full potential. Talk with your child's doctor or nurse. If you or your doctor has a concern about your child's development, ask for a referral to see a developmental pediatrician or other specialist, and contact Minnesota's early intervention system to discuss your child's eligibility to receive services.

If you have questions or concerns about your child

  • Talk to your child's doctor
  • Share your concerns
  • Call Help Me Grow at 1-866-693-4769

Minnesota Department of Human Services ASD Videos

"On the Autism Spectrum: Families Find Help and Hope" is a series of five short films that provides information about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and services available to Minnesota families for different communities.

Minnesota Department of Health Interpreter Roster

The Minnesota Department of Health has embarked on a two phase process to improve access to health interpreter services. Phase I is the establishment of a voluntary statewide roster of spoken language health care interpreters. Phase II will be the development of certification standards for a registry of certified interpreters.

For more information

Updated Friday, 24-Jan-2020 16:50:21 CST