How to Re-Enroll in the Medical Cannabis Program

How to Re-enroll in the Medical Cannabis Program

Patients registered in Minnesota's Medical Cannabis Program must re-enroll on a yearly basis if they want to continue participating in the program.

If your account expires, you will no longer be enrolled in the program and will not be allowed to pick up medical cannabis. To help you get ready to re-enroll, we will send you reminder emails 60 days and 30 days before your enrollment expires. You can also check your Registry account to see when your enrollment expires.

What you need to do to re-enroll

practitioner with patient
  • Have a health care practitioner re-certify your condition in the Medical Cannabis Patient Registry (these visits can be conducted by telemedicine).
  • Complete your re-enrollment application and provide payment through the certification link that will be sent to you after you get recertified.

Your enrollment application will be reviewed by Office of Medical Cannabis staff. This may take up to 30 days, and you will receive an email from us as soon as your application has been approved. Office of Medical Cannabis staff may contact you by email if we need additional information.

Please plan ahead. Your certification will expire if your enrollment application is not submitted and approved by the Office of Medical Cannabis within 90 days. To help ensure that your enrollment is approved before then, please complete your enrollment application within the first 60 days of getting recertified. If you do not complete your re-enrollment within 90 days, you will be required to start the process over and get re-certified by your health care practitioner. Applications are processed in the order they are received.

Other details

  • Extensions on enrollments or certifications are not allowed under state law.
  • To see who certified your medical condition the previous year, log in to your Registry account and find your certifying practitioner's information under "Certification Information." If you need help finding a participating health care practitioner:
    • Ask your medical team or advocacy groups that represent your medical condition.
    • Search on the internet, including the websites for Minnesota's medical cannabis dispensaries (Green Goods and RISE).
Updated Thursday, 25-Aug-2022 10:31:42 CDT