Last Updated: 10/04/2022
Health Care Practitioners for Medical Cannabis
Only these types of health care practitioners can certify that a patient has a qualifying condition.
- Minnesota licensed doctor of medicine
- Minnesota licensed physician assistant acting within the scope of authorized practice
- Minnesota licensed advanced practice registered nurse who has the primary responsibility for the care and treatment of the qualifying medical condition of a person diagnosed with a qualifying medical condition
How can I find a provider who will certify my condition?
MDH does not maintain or share with the public any list of practitioners who are participating in the program.
- Ask your medical team or advocacy groups that represent your medical condition.
- Search on the internet, including the websites for Minnesota's medical cannabis manufacturers.