Medical Cannabis Laws and Rules
- Minnesota Session Laws 2014, CHAPTER 311--S.F.No. 2470 Law that established the state's medical cannabis policy.
- Minnesota Session Laws 2015, CHAPTER 74-H.F.No. 1792 Changes to provisions governing receivership of nursing homes or certified boarding care homes; changing medical cannabis provisions.
Legislative Change Summaries
- Office of Medical Cannabis Legislative Changes 2019 (PDF)
- Office of Medical Cannabis Legislative Changes 2020 (PDF)
- Office of Medical Cannabis Legislative Changes 2021 (PDF)
- Rulemaking for Dried Raw Cannabis. The Office of Medical Cannabis is developing new rules to implement the addition of dried raw cannabis as an approved medical cannabis delivery form. MDH is seeking public comment on the draft preliminary rules.
- Information Bulletin #1: Certification of qualifying medical conditions within group medical practices (PDF)
- The Issue Brief: Medical Cannabis in Health Care Facilities (PDF). This document is intended for providers who are both state licensed and federally certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- The Issue Brief: Medical Cannabis and Non-Certified Health Care Providers (PDF). This document is intended for providers who are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health, but are not federally certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Administrative rules relating to the Medical Cannabis Program
- Variance request and approval 2017: Variance (PDF)
Petitions for Adding New Conditions and Delivery Methods
Members of the public can petition the Department of Health to add a qualifying medical condition or an approved medical cannabis delivery method/approved form of medical cannabis. The department accepts petitions from June 1 to July 31 each year. Petitions received outside this window will not be considered.