MNTrac (Minnesota system for Tracking Resources, Alerts and Communication) is a database-driven, password-protected web application designed to track bed capacity including National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) responses and pharmaceuticals and resources from all hospitals within the state to support surge capacity needs. Additionally, hospital diversion status, emergency incident planning, emergency communication, and emergency alert notifications are supported in real time.
COVID-19 Response Hospital Data Reporting
- MNTrac and Teletracking Data Dictionary (PDF)
The Data Dictionary outlines the data fields and their respective definitions. Data elements include, daily bed, ventilator, and the full listing of TeleTracking requirements.
- Teletracking / MNTrac Data Submission Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- MNTrac TeleTracking Uploads: COVID-19 Response (PDF)
Single and Multi-Facility Upload Guide
Hospital Data Updated Memos
The hospital data team is committed to transparent, frequent, and timely communications. Below are a list of memo updates for our hospitals and health systems to reference. Memos are sent directly to hospitals and health system partners and then posted to the website.
- August 7, 2020 Minnesota Hospitals Daily Data Request Update (PDF)
- August 3, 2020 Minnesota Hospitals Daily Data Request Update (PDF)
Federal Guidance for Hospital Reporting
- HHS COVID-19 Guidance for Hospital Reporting and FAQs For Hospitals, Hospital Laboratory, and Acute Care Facility Data Reporting (PDF)
Updated July 29, 2020
TeleTracking is one of the federally approved data collection systems where hospitals nationwide are to submit their daily data as outlined in the July 29, 2020 letter. MDH is collating and compiling all hospital data and batch submitting as a state into the federally approved system. All hospital data is uploaded into MNTrac on a daily basis by 12noon. Statewide submission into TeleTracking is made no later than 5pm EST.
- U.S. Healthcare COVID-19 Portal Help
How To videos, FAQs, Release notes, etc. FYI – The MDH hospital data team checks here daily for any updates made or released.