Continuous Quality Improvement
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
The MDH FHV Section is committed to the principles of CQI and supports efforts at both the state and local level to improve the effectiveness and delivery of family home visiting services provided to families with young children. These guiding principles include:
- A focus on improving services from the client’s perspective
- Meaningful engagement at all levels is required for success
- Recognition that all processes can be improved
- Continual learning using an “all teach, all learn” philosophy
- Decision-making is improved by using both data and team knowledge
- The goal of CQI is improvement, not blame
MDH’s goal is to assist local FHV programs in using a consistent and planned method to improve processes that support the delivery of FHV services to families with young children. MDH provides technical assistance (TA), consultation, and resources to increase CQI capacity at the local FHV program level.
For more information about Minnesota’s FHV CQI efforts, contact Health.HomeVisiting@state.mn.us.