Injury and Violence Prevention
- Injury and Violence Prevention Home
- Data Projects
- MIDAS: Minnesota Interactive Data Access System
- Funding Opportunities
Minnesota Injury Data Access System (MIDAS)
What is MIDAS and what does it do?
The Minnesota Injury Data Access System, or MIDAS, provides access to data related to injury, violence, and substance use for Minnesotans. Data can be filtered by factors such as county, type of injury, sex, or timeframe. Please select the database based on the year(s) of analysis in which you are interested.
Available topics for analysis:
- Drug overdose and substance use
- Available indicators include: drug overdose, drug use, drug dependence
- Hospital data - Nonfatal drug overdose and substance use
- Death data - Drug overdose
- County-Level Nonfatal Overdoses by County of Residence, 2016-2020
- Available indicators include: alcohol-related hospital visits, injuries and deaths related to excessive alcohol use, costs of excessive alcohol use
- Hospital and death data - Alcohol
- Available data include: intimate partner violence, abuse/maltreatment, self-directed violence
- Hospital data (2016-2019) - Interpersonal violence
- Death data (2016-2019) - Interpersonal violence
- Hospital data (2010-2015) - Interpersonal Violence and Self-Harm
- Suicide and self-harm injury
- Available data include: suicidal injury and ideation by year, county, age, sex, injury cause, and patient outcome
- Hospital data (2016-2020) - Self-harm
- Motor vehicle crash outcomes
- Available data provide indicators from linked police crash reports with hospital and death certificate data to describe crash data and outcomes.
- Hospital data (2006-2012) - Motor vehicle crash
Other links of interest
Minnesota Office of Traffic Safety: Find data on crashes in Minnesota and learn how to be a safe driver.
Minnesota Public Health Data Access: Find data about carbon monoxide poisoning and other risk factors that impact public health in Minnesota.
National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Access this rich source of information about America's health.
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Get information about the extent of the problem of a specific injury and prevention solutions.
StateData.info: Generate customized charts of state, national, and individual disability data.
WISQARS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Create a customized report of fatal and non-fatal injury-related data.
Wonder, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: View national and state-level data on deaths and hospitalizations.
NOTE: Databases are unavailable on Sundays from 12:00am-3:00am CST due to maintenance.