Last Updated: 03/01/2023
The MIDAS Injury module includes data on injuries that occurred in Minnesota where a person visited an emergency department (ED) or was hospitalized. An injury is typically something that causes harm or damage to the body that can be either unintentional or intentional (e.g., assault, homicide, or suicide).
Users can search by:
- Injury intent - i.e., self-harm, unintentional, or assault
- Injury mechanism - i.e. specific cause or event that resulted in an injury such as a fall, gunshot, fire, etc.
- County where patient lives
- Whether a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or spinal cord injury (SCI) occurred
- Whether an injury was treated in an emergency department (ED) or as a hospitalization