Peer Support: PHN Residency Program Facebook Group and Recurring Virtual Office Hours
Finding adequate peer support can be challenging for nurses new to public health practice. Connecting online with other nurses new to public health practice may help.
Residency Facebook group
College of Saint Benedict & Saint John's University (CSBSJU) hosts a private Facebook group for nurses new to public health practice: Public Health Nurse Residency. You must have a Facebook account to join this private group.
PHN Residency virtual office hours
Residents and preceptors are invited to attend recurring virtual office hours on the second Thursday of each month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (Central).
Who may attend?
- Anyone orienting a public health nurse who is new to public health practice
- Any public health nurse new to public health practice
- PHN residency preceptors
- PHN residents
- Anyone interested in learning more about the PHN Residency Program
When do they occur?
- Second Thursday of the month from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (Central)
- Monthly meetings
Why are they held?
- To offer support
- To offer reflective consultation
Who facilitates the meetings?
PHN Residency Workgroup Members: Public Health Nurse leaders from local public health, the Minnesota Department of Health, and the College of Saint Benedict’s
How do I join office hours?
Meeting ID: 994 2399 0008