Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injury
Providing Services to Minnesotans Who have Sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and their Families
Announcement Title: Providing Services to Minnesotans Who Have Sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and their Families
Letter of Intent: Organizations intending to submit a proposal should email a Letter of Intent by 11:59 p.m. Central Time, July 12, 2023. Letters of Intent are not required, but they are appreciated.
Please email the Letter of Intent to Catherine.Diamond@state.mn.us.
Application Deadline: The complete application must be submitted electronically to Catherine Diamond at Catherine.email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. Central Time, August 3, 2023. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Funding will be allocated through a competitive process. If selected, you may only incur eligible expenditures when the grant agreement is fully executed, and the grant has reached its effective date.
- Estimated Amount of Grant: $6,000,000
- Estimated Number of Awards: 1
- Estimated Award Maximum: $6,000,000
There is no match requirement for this grant.
- RFP published: July 5, 2023
- Letter of Intent due to MDH: July 12, 2023
- Grant Application due to MDH: August 3, 2023
- Grant Announcements to Applicants: August 15, 2023
- Grant Agreements begin (estimated): August 17, 2023
Organizations eligible to apply in this competitive process include a qualified community-based organization, as mandated by Statute §171.29 subd.2(c). (Sec. 171.29 MN Statutes):
A "qualified community-based organization" is a private, not-for-profit organization of consumers of traumatic brain injury services and their family members. The organization must be registered with the United States Internal Revenue Service under section 501(c)(3) as a tax-exempt organization and must have as its purposes:
- the promotion of public, family, survivor, and professional awareness of the incidence and consequences of traumatic brain injury;
- the provision of a network of support for persons with traumatic brain injury, their families, and friends;
- the development and support of programs and services to prevent traumatic brain injury;
- the establishment of education programs for persons with traumatic brain injury; and
- the empowerment of persons with traumatic brain injury through participation in its governance.”
All questions regarding this RFP must be submitted by email to Catherine.Diamond@state.mn.us. In the subject line of the email, include the phrase, “BIA SCI RFP Question.” All answers will be posted within five business days at: RFP Q&A: Providing Services to Minnesotans Who Have Sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury and their Families
Please submit questions no later than 4:30 p.m. Central Daylight Time, on July 26, 2023.
To ensure the proper and fair evaluation of all applications, other communications regarding this RFP including verbal, telephone, written or internet initiated by or on behalf of any applicant to any employee of the Department, other than questions submitted to as outlined above, are prohibited. Any violation of this prohibition may result in the disqualification of the applicant.
While applicants may not communicate with MDH staff regarding the RFP itself, applicants may communicate with MDH staff regarding requests for data. MDH staff may not advise any grantees on their application or review drafts of proposals.
Application deadline and submission:
The complete application must be submitted electronically to Catherine Diamond at Catherine.Diamond@state.mn.us by 11:59 p.m. Central Daylight Time, August 3, 2023.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. All application documents must be sent in one email to the address indicated above. No mailed or hand delivered applications will be accepted.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to allow sufficient time to address all potential delays caused by any reason whatsoever. MDH will not be responsible for delays caused by email delivery, computer, or technology problems.
- Providing Services to Minnesotans Who Have Sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and their Families Request for Proposals (PDF)
- Attachment A: Application Form (Word)
- Attachment B: Application Narrative Questions (Word)
- Attachment C: Work Plan (Word)
- Attachment D: Budget and Budget Narrative (Word)
- Attachment E: Due Diligence (PDF)
- Attachment F: Applicant Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form (PDF)
- Attachment G: Applicant Evaluation Scoring Criteria (Word)