Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
CSFP is a United States Department of Agriculture supplemental food and nutrition program that is designed to provide healthy and nutritious food each month at no cost to eligible individuals.
Minnesota's Senior Foods
- A monthly supply of food, nutritionally designed for seniors, to enhance monthly groceries. Participants select what they need from specific food options.
- No cost and more than 200 pick-up locations statewide.
- Easy online CSFP application. Apply for CSFP.
CSFP serves men and women who:
- Are 60 years or older.
- Live in Minnesota.
- Meet CSFP income guidelines.
- Prepare their own meals and do not live in a facility that provides meals.
CSFP makes a difference
- Approximately 12,000 Minnesota seniors enhance their monthly groceries with healthy USDA commodity foods.
- More than 200 partners distribute foods statewide.
- Seniors receive Bongard’s cheese, canned items (fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, beans, and lentils), bottled juice, stable and instant dry milk, pasta or rice, dry beans or peanut butter, and cereal. All available foods have nutrients that can improve health.