Last Updated: 01/25/2023
Transforming the public health system in Minnesota
State, local, and tribal health departments in Minnesota have a unique responsibility to protect and promote the health of the public. Many governmental public health leaders have identified the need to strengthen the public health system and create a system for the 21st century—one that is equipped to work with communities and carry out foundational public health responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
In Minnesota, this work is jointly led by the Local Public Health Association of Minnesota (LPHA), the State Community Health Services Advisory Committee (SCHSAC), and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
- View the foundational responsibilities
- About the joint leadership team
- Cost and capacity assessment (summer-fall 2022)
- Infrastructure Fund and awarded projects
- News and updates
- Publications and resource documents