- ICAR Home
- About ICAR
- Enroll in ICAR
- Infection Prevention Audit Tools
- Infection Control Resources
- HCID Toolbox
ICAR Infection Prevention Audit Tools
The Infection Prevention Audit Tools are a suite of materials that have been designed and developed by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Infection Control Assessment and Response (ICAR) Team to assist facilities to conduct audits, record and analyze audit data, and use the information to develop an action plan.
Each workbook is to be used in conjunction with an observation tool worksheet. The auditor records the occasion in which they observe Element Standards called “opportunities.” Elements include hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, wound care, and environmental cleaning. Data will track compliance and influence performance improvement efforts.
This document describes the features and element standards of each observation tool as well as the purpose and actions to be completed in each workbook.
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Personal Protective Equipment Observation Tool (PDF) | (Word)
- Personal Protective Equipment Audit Tracking Tool Workbook (Excel)
- Wound Dressing Change Observation Tool (PDF) | (Word)
- Wound Care Audit Tracking Tool Workbook (Excel)
- Environmental Checklist for Monitoring Terminal Cleaning (PDF) | (Word)
- Environmental Services Audit Tracking Tool Workbook (Excel)
MDH ICAR Infection Prevention Audit Tools webinar overview
- Slides: MDH ICAR Infection Prevention Audit Tools (PDF)
- MDH ICAR Infection Prevention Audit Tools Transcript (PDF)
For technical assistance or to obtain this information in a different format, contact the MDH ICAR team at email@example.com or 651-201-5414.