Nursing Home Moratorium Application Materials
The Commissioner of Health is accepting written proposals from nursing homes and certified boarding care homes requesting funding through the moratorium exception process, according to Minnesota Statutes, section 144A.073. The Commissioner of Health, in coordination with the Commissioner of Human Services, may approve such requests under conditions listed in the Minnesota statutes.
July 25, 2022
The Application Materials for Nursing Home Moratorium Exceptions Proposals have been updated for the July 2022 round of proposals. See below for the updated application documents and county bed count data from May 2022.
June 21, 2022
The Minnesota Department of Health’s Health Regulation Division approved exceptions for the following facilities to the Nursing Home Moratorium on June 21, 2022, based on the recommendations of the Moratorium Review Committee.
- Cerenity Care Center on Humboldt, St. Paul, Ramsey County, Minn., for $213,998
- Benedictine Health Center - Innsbruck, New Brighton, Ramsey County, Minn., for $187,267
- Saint Anne Extended Healthcare of Winona, Winona County, Minn., for $290,335
- Ebenezer Care Center, Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minn., for $155,072
- Cuyuna Regional Medical Center, Crosby, Crow Wing County, Minn., for $285,093
- Aurora on France, Edina, Hennepin County, Minn., for $96,459
- Paynesville, Health Care Center, Paynesville, Stearns County,Minn., for $236,361
- Lifecare Roseau Manor, Roseau, Roseau County Minn., for $232,496
- West Wind Village, Morris, Stevens County., $172,775
- Belgrade Nursing Home, Belgrade, Stearns County., for $149,017
- Bethesda Willmar, Willmar, Kandiyohi County., for $254,025
- Knute Nelson, Alexandria, Douglas County., for $228,845
Application Materials for Nursing Home Moratorium Exceptions Proposals
Questions about the Process
Applicants may submit questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See Appendix F of the Application Materials for answers to common questions; updates have been made as of August 8, 2022.
Here is data on county bed counts compiled by DHS in May 2022: