Great Lakes Consortium
for Fish Consumption Advisories
The Great Lakes Consortium for Fish Consumption Advisories (Consortium) is a collaboration of fish advisory program managers from government health, water quality, and fisheries agencies bordering the Great Lakes.
The following goals guide the work of the Consortium:
- Use, share, and advance credible data and science;
- Evaluate the risks and benefits of consuming Great Lakes fish to develop a shared understanding among Consortium members and incorporate these messages into fish consumption advice;
- Establish and utilize best practices for communicating risks and benefits and influencing the behavior of fish consumers; and
- Maintain a strong focus in all activities on developing and disseminating consistent advice for shared waters.
- Consortium Member Fish Consumption Advisory Links
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Grants
- Protocols and Best Practices for Uniform Fish Advisories