- Health Equity Home
- Capacity Building Requests
- Initiatives and Projects
- Eliminating Health Disparities Initiative
- Funding Opportunities
- Student Internships
- Reports and Publications
- HEAL Council
- About Us
- Contact Us
Internal Health Equity Advisory & Leadership Team Hub (I-HEALTH)
In 2018, MDH formed an Internal Health Equity Advisory & Leadership Team Hub (I-HEALTH). I-HEALTH is supported by the Center for Health Equity and comprised of representatives from each office and division across MDH. I-HEALTH works closely with MDH’s external advisory body, the Health Equity Advisory and Leadership (HEAL) Council. The purpose of I-HEALTH is:
- To advise and oversee implementation of health equity strategies at MDH,
- To streamline coordination of health equity activities, policies and projects across the agency, and
- To foster greater collaboration amongst MDH divisions/offices around health equity.
I-HEALTH subcommittees are currently focused on work related to:
- Capacity building and systems change,
- Communications and amplifying health equity efforts across MDH, and
- Health equity data sharing and guidance.
Health Equity Showcase
I-HEALTH and the Center for Health Equity have teamed up to host a series of Health Equity Showcases for MDH staff. At these events, staff from across the agency come together to recognize health equity champions who are advancing health equity across a broad range of public health areas. The showcases are an opportunity to celebrate health equity efforts, share and learn about different approaches to advance equity across the agency, and support employees across the department in this important work.
Learn more about the projects and champions featured at the showcases on the February 2019 Health Equity Showcase page and the August 2019 Health Equity Showcase page.