Hospital and Provider Data
- Hospital Data (all data submitted for all hospitals)
- Standard Hospital Reports (topic specific data for all hospitals)
- Freestanding Outpatient Surgical Center (FOSC) Data
- Diagnostic Imaging Facility Data
- Minnesota Health Care Markets Chartbooks (Chartbook 8 utilizes Hospital and Provider Data)
The Hospital and Provider database maintains financial, utilization, staffing, and services data for research on the cost and use of hospital and related services in Minnesota. Financial data is reported for the hospital and for the institution, for those hospitals that are affiliated with another institution. MDH maintains hospital and provider data beginning in 1987 to allow researchers to evaluate industry trends.
Currently, 127 acute care (76 Critical Access), 10 specialized and psychiatric hospitals, over 80 freestanding outpatient surgical centers, and over 250 diagnostic imaging facilities report data to MDH. Data can be downloaded from this site (see HCCIS Data Set Format (PDF) of the data) or by contacting email@example.com for a custom report.
Audits are conducted to assure reporting compliance. Data extracts are available only after the MDH is assured the databases are reflective of accurate and consistent reporting by hospitals, surgical centers, and imaging facilities.