- Cardiovascular Health Home
- CVH Data and Trends
- CVH Programs & Resources
- 2030 State Plan
- Minnesota Stroke Program
- About Us
- About Heart Attacks
- About Heart Disease
- About High Blood Pressure
- About High Cholesterol
- About Stroke
Resources for Pharmacists
Welcome to a chronic disease resource hub for Minnesota pharmacists. This page includes information and resources available for pharmacists to continue advancing their practice, to learn more about data measuring specific pharmacy outcomes, as well as information on supporting patients with self-measured blood pressure and resources to expand medication therapy management services.
- Introduction to Comprehensive Medication Management: This course covers key foundational concepts of comprehensive medication management (CMM) for pharmacists in need of refreshing their knowledge of pharmaceutical care and its evolution to CMM.
- Billing for medication therapy management (MTM) services in Minnesota: This two contact hour course provides Minnesota pharmacists a foundational and practical approach to set up your team to bill for medication therapy management services through contracting, credentialing, enrollment, and submitting and tracking the life cycle of a claim.
Continuing Professional Development at the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy works with healthcare providers to create education activities targeted to address key gaps in knowledge, skills, strategies, and performance. This includes continuing education courses for pharmacists on a number of topics. Some key on-demand offerings include:
Data and Reports
- Blood Pressure Medication Non-Adherence in Minnesota: 2015 (PDF). This report describes variation in blood pressure medication adherence among Minnesotans by age, sex, and Zip Code, and highlights strategies to improve adherence. (May 2021)
Self-Measured Blood Pressure (SMBP)
The University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy created the following video series to share key points and resources for pharmacists when supporting patients who are self-monitoring their blood pressure at home.
- PPCP Home Blood Pressure: Learn more about how to integrate the monitoring of blood pressure at home and how this can be integrated into your pharmacy practice.
- Hypertension Pharmacotherapy: Learn more about the medication classes used to help treat hypertension.
- Home Blood Pressure Monitoring and Patients: This presentation focuses on helping you identify patients to select for home blood pressure monitoring, explaining and framing your services, and pearls on tips for success.
- Selecting the Appropriate Device: Learn more about validated devices and what devices are available.
- Obtaining an Accurate Blood Pressure: For more information on how to obtain an accurate reading, this video will walk you through the education needed to ensure this for your patients.
Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
- CDC Pharmacy Resources: A compendium of key resources for pharmacists focused on improving heart health.
- The Community Guide: Cardiovascular Disease: Tailored Pharmacy-based interventions to improve Medication Adherence is a systematic review that provides numerous resources for pharmacists.
- Minnesota Department of Human Services Minnesota Health Care Programs Provider Manual for Medication Therapy Management Services is the comprehensive source on the delivery of MTM to Minnesota Health Care Program beneficiaries.
- Medication Therapy Management Slide Presentation (PowerPoint) is an MDH product highlighting of the high burden of hypertension in Minnesota and the unmet demand for pharmacist-provided MTM services that can improve the health of Minnesotans.
- Note: MTM Revenue Calculator is available upon request. Please email email@example.com
Managed and Team-Based Care
- CDC Division for Heart Disease & Stroke Prevention Best Practices Guide: Collaborative Practice Agreements
- NASPA Collaborative Practice Agreements Toolkit
- APhA Chronic Care Management Overview
- Minnesota Department of Human Services Managed Care Pharmacy Identification Information
- Minnesota Department of Human Services: Providers Using Telemedicine During COVID-19
- Minnesota Board of Pharmacy
- Minnesota Pharmacists Association