Minnesota Cardiovascular Health and Diabetes State Plan Update
The creation of the 2030 Minnesota Cardiovascular Health and Diabetes Plan is a collaborative effort of state and local partners. The plan will provide a road map and call to action for individuals, communities and organizations to collaborate and implement strategies to successfully prevent, treat and manage diabetes, heart disease and stroke for the next ten years.
The Minnesota Department of Health is currently working with partners to collect community input, review data, and prioritize goals for the upcoming plan, planned for release in spring 2020.
Healthcare professionals, policy-makers, community groups and anyone who cares about heart disease and stroke in Minnesota can help design, implement and sustain initiatives of this plan. The success of the plan depends onchampions from a wide range of organizations working together to implement various aspects of the plan. Suggested organizational champions are identified throughout the plan.
How can you be involved?
- Be a champion for one or more strategies.
- Participate in a working group.
- Offer funding for specific initiatives or projects.
- Minnesota Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Plan 2011-2020 (PDF)
- View the associated tactics for each strategy (PDF), with a list of state plan tactics.