Last Updated: 12/21/2022
Chronic conditions are health conditions or diseases that can last a year or more and may require ongoing medical treatment. Most chronic conditions can be managed so you can live a long, healthy life, but some people may still develop other health conditions, complications, or disability regardless of medical care or treatments.
About Chronic Conditions
- Causes and risk factors of common chronic conditions.
- Learn the basics about asthma and how it affects the lungs, symptoms, and common triggers.
- Learn more about causes and symptoms, preventing and managing diabetes.
- Arthritis can cause joint pain and inflammation that can limit mobility. Learn more about arthritis and steps to manage it.
Sickle Cell Disease
- Sickle cell disease is a group of conditions that affect the red blood cells. Learn more.
- Find information about symptoms and treatment as well as resources and support.
Chronic Conditions and COVID-19
People with chronic conditions are at high risk of becoming severely ill from COVID-19. Learn more.
- Learn about causes, prevention, and emergency warning signs of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias
- Find information, resources and support for common types of dementia.
- MDH works to decrease the negative impact of cancer in Minnesota in many ways. Learn more.
- Find data, programs, and materials to help improve the oral health of Minnesotans.