Teaching Hand Hygiene
Materials, curricula, and ideas for teaching hand washing to people of all ages.
Age appropriate hand washing curriculum
Curriculum for teaching handwashing to preschoolers, young children ages 3 - 6, Middle School and Junior High students and Grades 9 - adult.
- Hand Washing: Prevent Disease and Outbreak Intervention for Young Children (PDF)
Handwashing curriculum for young children ages 3 - 6.
Middle School and Junior High Students
- Safe or Sorry Hand Washing (PDF)
Handwashing and consumer food safety curriculum for Middle School and Junior High students.
- Excerpt from the full Safe or Sorry(SOS) curriculum.
High School and Adult
- Hand Washing: Prevent Disease and Outbreak Intervention for High School and Adult Audiences (PDF)
Handwashing curriculum for Grades 9 - Adult.
More ways to teach hand washing
- Hand Washing Project Ideas for Students
A list of fun and educational project ideas for students of all ages to teach about the spread of germs and handwashing.
- Children’s Books on Hand Washing
A list of books for young children on handwashing and germs.
- Build Your Own Hand Washing Tool Kit
The supplies and materials you need to build a toolkit for teaching the SOS food safety curriculum, or MDH hand washing curriculum.