Birth Registration Information
- Birth Registration Home
- Hospital Birth & Fetal Death Registration Forms
- MR&C for Birth Registrars
- Register a record
- Hospital Birth Registrar Reference
- Birth Registration Related Links
- Hospital Stillbirths
- Training for Vital Records Professionals
Office of Vital Records
Fetal Death Reporting
Fetal deaths of 20 weeks or more gestation are required to be reported in MR&C, per Minnesota Statutes, section 144.222. Reports must be filed within five days after delivery of the fetus.
Use these worksheets for data collection:
- Mother's worksheet for creating a fetal death report (PDF)
- Cause of fetal death and medical information for fetus and mother (PDF)
Parents may request a Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth. The application form is on Birth Resulting in Stillbirth on the Office of Vital Records website.