Current Job Openings at MDH
The State of Minnesota employs more than 50,000 people at more than 100 agencies, boards and colleges. From Crookston, to the Twin Cities, to Rochester, at any given time, there are hundreds of job opportunities throughout the state.
The Minnesota Department of Health hires approximately 200 employees a year to fulfill its mission of "Protecting, maintaining and improving the health of all Minnesotans."
MDH is committed to a diverse workforce. Please refer to our MDH Affirmative Action Plan (PDF) for details.
How to find and apply for jobs at the Minnesota Department of Health:
- Search for State of Minnesota job openings on the Minnesota Careers website.
- On the left side of the page in the "Agency" section, select "more" at the end of the list to see “Health Department.”
- Select “Health Department” to view Minnesota Department of Health jobs.
- Select the linked job title in the search results to view the posting.
- Use the "Apply" button at the bottom to submit a resume.
You may also contact the State of Minnesota's Job Information Line at:
- 651-259-3637 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday)
For more information on how to apply for jobs, see:
Minnesota Careers - Applicant Help
To respond to a posting, you may contact the person listed at the bottom of the posting in writing or respond via email.
Jobs at local and tribal health departments in Minnesota
Subscribe for local or tribal health department jobs in your inbox: The Community Health Services Mailbag provides a single source where Minnesota’s local and tribal health departments can choose to submit open jobs, and have them delivered once a week to your inbox. To subscribe, visit: Community Health Services Mailbag.
Visit a local or tribal health department directly: To visit a specific local or tribal health department online, visit: Find a local or tribal health department or community health board.