Reporting Diphyllobothrium latum Infection
What to report
Diphyllobothrium latum infection must be reported to MDH within one working day.
How to report Diphyllobothrium latum infection
- Foodborne (Enteric) Disease Reporting Form
The Foodborne (Enteric) Disease Reporting Form can be used to report this disease.
Any reportable infectious disease may be reported by phone to 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
Who is required to report
- Health care practitioners (health care facilities, medical laboratories, and in certain circumstances veterinarians and veterinary medical laboratories) are required to report disease to the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) under Minnesota state law.
- Unless previously reported, every licensed health care provider who provides care to any patient who has, is suspected of having, or has died from a reportable disease is required to report.
- Any person in charge of any institution, school, child care facility, or camp is also required to report disease to MDH.
More about Diphyllobothrium latum infection
- Diphyllobothrium Infection, CDC
Information from the CDC on Diphyllobothrium infection.