Vaccinating Staff, Protecting Patients
List of the hospitals and nursing homes who achieved 90% or higher flu vaccination rates among health care personnel and reported on addressing a barrier to vaccination during the 2018-19 season.
The FluSafe program recognizes Minnesota hospitals and long term care facilities for high flu vaccination rates among health care personnel*.
Participating facilities track health care personnel* flu vaccines in the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC). Facilities will also select a barrier to health care personnel flu vaccination during registration to work to address throughout the season. At the end of the season, facilities will confirm their MIIC flu vaccination rate and report how they worked to address the selected barrier. The Minnesota Department of Health recognizes facilities that achieve vaccination rates of 90% and higher and report on the work done to address selected barriers.
*For FluSafe, health care personnel is defined as all paid employees and licensed independent practitioners who are physically present in the health care facility for at least one working day from Oct. 1, 2019, through March 31, 2020.
Instructions for Participating
FluSafe 2019-20 registration is now closed.
- Select a barrier to health care personnel flu vaccination to address throughout the season. See Vaccinating Health Care Workers for a list of barriers and potential strategies.
- At the end of the season, you’ll briefly report how the selected barrier was addressed.
- Finish tracking vaccinations by March 31, 2020.
- Upload your final FluSafe spreadsheets into MIIC by April 10, 2020.
- Facilities that do not submit a final spreadsheet by April 10, 2020, will be unable to continue as a FluSafe participant in the 2019-20 season.
- Confirm your final vaccination rate and report on selected barrier by May 29, 2020.
- Facilities that do not confirm their rate or report on a barrier will not be included in public recognition for the 2019-20 season.
- Recognition will require confirmed rates of 90% and higher and a report on the selected barrier by the dates noted above.
- MIIC and FluSafe Webinar
Recorded Jan. 11, 2017, live webinar on how to use MIIC to participate in FluSafe. Webinar sections start at the following times:
- Getting and Filling Out the Spreadsheet - 57 seconds
- Uploading the Spreadsheet - 23 minutes, 47 seconds
- Running FluSafe Reports - 27 minutes, 42 seconds
- Getting and Filling Out the Spreadsheet (PDF)
How to get and fill out a FluSafe spreadsheet to document your employee flu vaccination data.
- Uploading the Spreadsheet (PDF)
How to upload your FluSafe spreadsheet into MIIC.
- Running FluSafe Reports (PDF)
How to run FluSafe reports in MIIC to check your FluSafe data and calculate your current rate.
Contact the FluSafe team at email@example.com or 651-201-5503.
Statement of Support for the Minnesota Department of Health FluSafe Recognition Program (PDF)
Minnesota Alliance for Patient Safety (MAPS) statement of support for FluSafe.