Submitting and Exchanging Data with MIIC
Resources for data reporting and exchange with the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection (MIIC). Includes: data exchange considerations, file specifications, code sets, transport options, and more.
- Consider the options for reporting data to MIIC at Participating in MIIC: Step 4. Prepare for Data Reporting.
- Process for Working on Data Exchange with MIIC
Information for organizations interested in submitting and/or exchanging data with MIIC via flat file or HL7 file format. Includes: registration, pre-testing, and onboarding.
- Reporting Dose-Level Eligibility to MIIC (PDF)
Beginning Aug. 1, 2015, clinics enrolled in the Minnesota Vaccines for Children (MnVFC) program that practice the replacement method of vaccine management are required to submit dose-level eligibility to MIIC for all vaccines administered to patients ages 18 years or younger.
- Meaningful Use Incentives and MIIC
Details regarding immunization reporting Stage 1 and 2 objectives, measures, and related standards.
Health Level Seven (HL7) is a nationally recognized standard for electronic data exchange between systems housing health care data. The HL7 standard provides critical support for this exchange of information by defining a syntax for the messages that carry this information.
- MIIC HL7 2.5.1 Specifications - Update Guide (PDF)
Specifications for submitting VXU messages to MIIC. Updated 9/19
- MIIC HL7 2.5.1 Specifications - Query Guide (PDF)
Specifications for submitting QBP messages to MIIC. Updated 9/19
- Main Differences Between MIIC-Specific HL7 2.3.1/2.4 and HL7 2.5.1 (PDF)
- MIIC HL7 2.3.1 and 2.4 Specifications (PDF)
Flat file data submissions do not meet Meaningful Use requirements. This is a legacy format that MIIC does not accept for new interfaces.
- Flat File Specifications for Batch Submissions to MIIC - Version 3 (PDF)
Details of submitting batch immunization data to MIIC in a flat file format. Updated 11/14
- Flat File Specifications for Batch Submissions to MIIC - Version 5 (PDF)
Details of submitting batch immunization data to MIIC in a flat file format.
Note: Version 5 includes the addition of 3 characters to the end of the immunization record. This is the location where dose-level eligibility for MnVFC vaccine will be submitted using the 3-character code, V00 – V07. Updated 11/14
- Submit Client Query User Guide (PDF)
User guide and file specifications that health plans and other organizations can use to submit a list of individuals to MIIC and receive immunization data for those individuals in flat file format. Updated 6/19
- General Immunization Upload Using the Spreadsheet Template (PDF)
How to use the MIIC Spreadsheet to load immunization data for any vaccine into MIIC.
FluSafe program information with instructions on how to use the MIIC Flu Spreadsheet to track employee flu immunizations.
- MIIC Codes for Data Submission and Exchange
Vaccine, client, immunization, and comment codes accepted by MIIC.
- Transport Options for Submitting Data to MIIC
An overview of transport options for health care providers to securely submit immunization data to MIIC.
- SOAP/Web Services Specifications for Data Exchange (PDF)
Details of submitting immunization data to MIIC via SOAP/web services.