Weekly Influenza & Respiratory Activity: Statistics
Subscribe to Weekly Influenza Activity
Get an email alert every week during the flu season when the influenza report is posted.
Weekly influenza statistics
- Weekly Influenza & Respiratory Illness Activity Report - Week 20 (PDF)
Current: Week Ending May 18, 2019 | WEEK 20
- Weekly Influenza Activity
Printable versions of the weekly influenza activity for the 2018-19 season.
- Previous Years: Weekly Influenza Statistics Archive
Summary data for the past 10 influenza seasons.
Unlike other reportable diseases, MDH does not request that every case of influenza or every patient who goes to the doctor with influenza symptoms be reported to MDH. Tracking each case would overburden health care providers as well as MDH, without significant benefit. Instead, MDH uses several different surveillance programs to determine the burden of influenza disease in Minnesota each week (influenza-like illness [ILI] outbreaks at schools and long-term care facilities, outpatient/clinic visits for ILI, laboratory-confirmed influenza in hospitalized patients, and laboratory testing for influenza and other respiratory disease).
- Keeping Track of Flu in Minnesota
Basic questions and answers about the way that influenza disease is monitored in Minnesota.
Additional surveillance data
- Influenza-Associated Death Surveillance, Minnesota, 2010-2018 (PDF)
- Number and Incidence of Influenza-related Hospitalizations by District and Season, Minnesota, 2008-2018 (PDF)
- Number of Influenza Hospitalizations by County of Residence and Season, Minnesota, 2008-2018 (PDF)
Other influenza data and statistics
- Disease Control Newsletter
MDH annual summaries of communicable diseases, including influenza.
- CDC Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report
Routine national influenza surveillance updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Includes reports of influenza disease from WHO regions around the world.
Influenza vaccination coverage estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) including interactive figures and tables.