Infectious Respiratory Illness
Infectious diseases are caused by germs (viruses, bacteria or other pathogenic microbes). Germs that can infect the respiratory system are frequently spread through mucus and saliva (also known as "respiratory secretions") when a person coughs, sneezes, talks or laughs.
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- Enterovirus D68
- Influenza (flu)
- Haemophilus influenzae type b
- Legionellosis (Legionella): Legionnaires' Disease and Pontiac Fever
- Measles (rubeola)
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
- Rubella (German Measles)
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
- Severe Acute Respiratory Illness (SARI)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
More for Health Professionals
- Health Professional Infectious Respiratory Illness Information
Information for Health Professionals regarding infectious respiratory illnesses.
- Stop! Protect Our Patients/Residents Posters
Posters to be posted in clinics and hospitals or residential facilities and long term care facilities asking ill people not to visit.