Last Updated: 11/18/2022
Mumps Information For Health Professionals
- Lab Testing for Mumps at the MDH Public Health Laboratory
Information on the lab tests for mumps, when they should be used, and how to submit specimens to MDH.
- "Clinical Testing and Submission Form" from Forms for the Infectious Disease Laboratory
Include this form with each specimen when submitting for testing. Fill out the form as completely as possible and indicate which test is requested.
- Reporting Mumps
All cases of mumps must be reported to the Minnesota Department of Health. Find out what needs to be reported, who needs to report diseases, which forms to use and where to find out more about the disease.
Clinical features and epidemiology
- Mumps Clinical Information
Information on mumps for health care professionals, including epidemiology, testing, and post-exposure and vaccination recommendations.
- Managing Mumps Exposures in Health Care Workers
Information for employee health and infection prevention staff on evaluating health care workers' mumps immune status and responding to exposures in health care settings.
- Mumps Vaccination and Disease History Assumptions by Age
A guide to help determine the age groups most likely under-immunized against mumps.
- Mumps: Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
Mumps chapter in the CDC's Pink Book on vaccine-preventable diseases.
- Photos of Mumps
The CDC offers photos of the disease and people affected by the disease.
Warning: Graphic medical images.
- Salivary Gland Illustration
Graphic illustration of the salivary glands from Mayo Clinic.
- Mumps Vaccine Product Information and VIS
Generic name Manufacturer Prescribing information VIS Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) Merck Merck: MMR II CDC: MMR (Measles, Mumps, & Rubella) VIS Measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (MMRV) Merck Merck: ProQuad CDC: MMRV (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, & Varicella) VIS
- How effective is the mumps vaccine? (PDF)
This infographic explains the effectiveness of mumps vaccine using the example of 100 people being exposed to mumps.
- Q&As About Vaccination Options for Preventing Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella
Questions and answers from the CDC.
- Ask the Experts: MMR Vaccination
Experts from the CDC answer challenging questions about vaccines and their administration.
ACIP Recommendations and MMWR reports
- CDC: MMR ACIP Vaccine Recommendations (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) and CDC: MMRV ACIP Vaccine Recommendations (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella)
CDC listing of recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
- CDC: Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) on Mumps
Articles published in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report regarding mumps.