Choosing and Using Your Soap
- Hand Hygiene Home
- Soap and Water
- Hand Sanitizer
- Why and When
- Choosing and Using Soap
- Teaching Hand Hygiene
- For Schools and Child Care
- For Food Handlers
- For Health Care Professionals
- Posters and Print Materials
Hand Hygiene How-To Poster
This poster shows the steps for washing hands with soap and water or cleaning with alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Download a print version of this document:
Hand Hygiene How-To Poster (PDF)
Does it matter how I wash my hands?
You have to rub your hands for at least 20 seconds to get rid of the bacteria. Follow these instructions:
- Wash, 20 seconds
- Turn off water with a paper towel
How do I clean my hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer?
Use enough to cover all the surfaces of your hands.
- Rub until dry